Junior Research Assistant (m/f/d)
ViGeneron was founded in 2017 as a spin-off of the Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich. As a young and innovative gene therapy company we develop novel therapeutics for previously untreatable ophthalmic diseases. Our goal is to offer patients new treatment options with our novel adeno-associated virus (AAV)-based technology platforms.
To successfully achieve this goal, we are looking for a Junior Research Assistant (m/f/d) to support our team in Planegg (full-time).
Your main tasks include:
- General lab organization
- Routine AAV preparation and quality control
- Mammalian cell culture and cell line engineering
- Development and standardization of in vitro assays for transgene expression
- Molecular biology and microbiology work
- Completed M.Sc. studies in Life Sciences
- Experience in cell culture and molecular biology methods (such as cloning, PCR, restriction digests, plasmid preparations at different scale, protein extraction, western blot, RNA extraction, cDNA synthesis, RT-qPCR)
- Experience with virus preparation is a plus
- Excellent documentation skills and structured way of working
- Reliability, ability to work independently and accurately, flexibility and the ability to work in a team
- Confident handling of common computer programs (MS-Office, )
- Good command of English (written and spoken)
- Open and familiar working environment with flat hierarchies in a dynamic and well-coordinated team
- Possibility to gain research experience in an innovative and future-oriented company
- Employment for 2 years with the option of extension
- An interesting and versatile role that can be shaped by your personal commitment
We are looking forward to receiving your application. In addition to a short motivational letter and resume, your documents should also include a possible starting date.
Please send your application documents to: email@example.com.